1. Click on the "save" button (at the top of the song far to the right)
to download the song you are looking at on the website,
to your own computer's hard drive. Pay attention to where it gets put.
(Some folks may have to go searching for it because of the way their
computer's software is set up, so remember the name of the file; it
will be the page number plus perhaps a letter or two such as "t" or
"td", followed by .mus)
2. Back on your own hard drive (not the web browser, which you may quit at this point if you like), double click on the saved song to launch it (and Melody Assistant).
3. Next to the score there is a vertical row of tiny buttons. One of these opposite each staff is a green speaker symbol. Clicking on this will change it to brown and silence that part. Silence the two or three parts you do NOT want to hear to make it easier to learn your part. From the SCORE menu in Melody Assistant, select "Scroll tune" to play.
1. From the SCORE menu in Melody Assistant, select "Follow tune." The song will start playing immediately in all four parts but don't let that bother you.
2. A little window will open up listing all the parts in the song; click on the name of the part that you want to hear by itself, for example "treble".
3. Click on the button that says "solo." At this point, if the song is still playing, all the voices but the treble will drop out.
4. When the song finishes, change the number displayed next to "Bar" to a 1, and click on the "right pointing single triangle" button (this means "play"). Follow along in your songbook (and sing along, too).
It is also possible to adjust tempo from the SCORE menu.